Backloggery sig

Thursday 20 November 2014

Divinity Original Sin [co-op night]

Wednesday evenings, a friend and I enjoy a curry, some anime, and some co-op gaming.  He very generously purchased two copies of Divinity Original Sin, and we started playing a week or so before I made this blog.  Last night was play session number two.

I was just the right age, I think, when Baldur's Gate came out.  I was 19, in my second year of uni, and had a lot of free time to sink into a game of that size.  I'd played some D&D at school, so I had a basic understanding of the rule set, but no idea of the type of stories that could be told.  My experience with that game was so formative that I give most of my characters the same name as my first BG character.  Suffice to say that I am almost certainly the kind of person Larian had in mind when they ran a Kickstarter for a new Divinity game.

We wrapped up the murder mystery opening of the game and headed off into the forest for some undead killing.  The combat is just what I want from a game like this, tactical and dynamic, with the location of the fight playing heavily into the strategy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment