Backloggery sig

Monday 10 November 2014

Ittle Dew #1

This game is a slightly tongue in cheek love-letter to one of my favourite games of all time:  The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.  

It has a lovely, cartoon-like take on the classic Zelda graphical style, almost like a 2D Wind Waker. Everything on the screen is beautifully animated, and really gives the impression of having been crafted with a lot of care.

The gameplay isn't anything special so far.  It is, however, a very relaxing game to play.  I love neat little interface touches, like whacking a door to highlight the object that can open it.  I knew before playing that this game boils the Zelda formula down to just the block pushing puzzles, so I wasn't expecting anything mind-blowing.  I'm mostly just along for the nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment