Backloggery sig

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Ittle Dew #2

They really weren't kidding about the amount of block pushing.  To a certain extent I admire the purity of it; even the weapon upgrades are just new ways of creating, destroying, or moving blocks.  The enemies have so far been inconsequential.  Sometimes you need to kill them to open a door, otherwise, ignore.

I'm enjoying the level design so far.  Normally the number of alternate routes presented would have me paralysed by indecision, but there's something very carefree about Ittle Dew that means I just wander about, do some puzzles, and occasionally find a big pile of treasure.  I'm sure I'll have to start looking at the map and worrying about backtracking at some point, but for now it's no problem to find a new room with something to do.

Slightly slow progress through what is meant to be a pretty short game, but I've been feeling a bit ropey today and slept through a lot of it.  Hopefully back to normal service tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment