Backloggery sig

Monday 22 December 2014

Kittens Game

A browser-based game, in a similar vein to Candy Box and the like.  You start with one kitten in a catnip forest, and I'm to understand that the endgame involves interdimensional space travel.  My kittens are currently lounging  around in furs, smelting iron, and struggling towards the first glimpses of industry.

The main thing to note is that, unlike many incremental games, here it is possible to overextend and crash your fragile economy. This generally happens as a result of seasons.  In Winter, food production takes a 75% hit and you can suddenly find yourself spiralling into the red.  As the first snows fell, I decided to build a hut for my kitten.  The hut attracted two more kittens to the village, they tore through the food, and starved to death.

It's not clear if this sense of fragility will persist.  Already I'm at the point where it's running in another tab and I just check back every now and then to buy some upgrades. 

Kittens Game is here if you want to try it, but I accept no responsibility for the lost hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment